Introducing: Anne’s New Book
I am thrilled to share that my solo book is scheduled to be published in late June!
I also recognize that this is a challenging time to release a book. Throughout the world we have had to face, and unexpectedly deal with, the adversity associated with the pandemic and social distancing, injustice, economic struggles, political unrest, the illness and death of loved ones, and the loss of things such as personal freedom, safety, regular routines, certainty, control, companionship, and physical connection.
However, I do believe the book and the timing of its release is providential.
The book focuses on how we can grow in our capacity to handle loss and process grief. How we can enter into adversity and suffering and provide healing consolation. The book draws from the biblical Book of Job and what it can help teach us about a theology of suffering, lamenting, grieving, and providing consolation – so that we can move from being miserable comforters like Job’s companions and become people willing to enter into the hard spaces of loss and grief in ways that are compassionate, kind, gentle, patient, and healing.
As the book launches, I am humbly requesting your help with any or all of the following:
- Be a member of the launch team. Help me to spread the word about the book and encourage others to buy and read it. If you are interested – please private message me through either my Facebook page @AnneMackieMorelliwriter or through my Twitter account: https://twitter.com/EAnneMorelli
- Follow my new Facebook author page: Anne Mackie Morelli, Writer. @AnneMackieMorelliwriter
- Sharing and re-posting my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts. As the launch date approaches, I will be posting quotes from the book and from people who kindly wrote endorsements for the book.
- Check Out My New Website and Sign Up to Receive Blogs and Newsletters. My new blog is entitled, Anne Mackie Morelli. It is particularly important to have as many people sign up as possible because it is one major way to build communication about the book and my writing. http://www.annemackiemorelli.com
- Purchase the Book. It will be released on Amazon in late June. I will post when the date is confirmed.
- Read the Book and Share Your Feedback and Insights: Talk about the book with other people and post insights on social media to spread the word.
- Post a Short Review of the book on Amazon and Goodreads. Reviews are important because they help with book’s ranking and sales and spreading the word about the book. The review can be just a few sentences and the same one can be used on both sites and on social media.
- Study the Book in a Book Club or Community Group or Bible Study Group . The book is ideal for either an individual study or a group study. There are reflection questions and application exercises for every chapter as prompts for journaling and discussion.
- Use it as a Resource or Training Guide for your Church’s Bereavement Groups or Care and Compassion Teams.
- Invite me to Personally Share. Please consider me for podcasts, interviews, discussions, panels, and presentations where I could share about the book and its themes of loss and grief, suffering, consolation, a theology of suffering, and what the Book of Job can teach us about being consoling companions.
- Sign up for the On-line Book Study. Finally, in the fall I am thinking of facilitating an on–line book study. My friend and former colleague, Louise Roberts, will be co-facilitating. If you would like to participate in this study please private message me on either my Twitter account or my Anne Mackie Morelli, Writer Facebook page. I think the timing for this study, with its focus on how we walk through suffering and provide consolation when grief descends, could be a profound way for people to process their loss and grief, especially as we walk through this challenging time of greater isolation.
With the deepest gratitude, I thank you in advance for your support.
Hey Anne, so excited about this book and for you! I will definitely order and leave a review on Amazon. I visited and liked your Facebook page.
Karen, thanks for your interest in and your support of my book. Thank you so much for ordering a book and for offering to leave a review on Amazon. That will make such a difference in promoting the book and expanding the audience for it. Thank you too for liking my new Facebook page. I really appreciate you and having the opportunity to get to know one another through social media. Hugs.
Congratulations on your book. I am praying for you. Blessings. 🙂
Melissa, thank you so much for your prayers as the book is being released. It was a huge project and I am very grateful it is completed! I also pray that those that need to read it and would benefit from learning about and forming a theology of suffering would find the book and be transformed by it. Thanks again. So grateful for your kindness.
I’m glad you managed to pull this together, especially with a release date during the world’s turmoil. It seems perfectly relevant. I pray for awesome reception.
Thanks Stephen! It has been a strange time to finish the book and work with the publishers to get it ready for release. There are days it has been hard to concentrate what with all the distractions going on in the world around us. So, I am grateful to be finished. And I also agree that it is providential timing for such a book for as we face the loss associated with the virus and isolation we need an understanding of loss and grief and a robust theology of suffering. Ideally, the book will be able to guide people through adversity and providing consolation to others. I had no idea how challenging it is to write a book!
Sounds like a wonderful work! Timely too!
Thank you so much Nancy! Yes, I agree that there is a sense that the release of the book during this time is reflective of God’s providential planning and timing. So thankful it is done as I really had no idea the work it took to write a book! Hope you and your family are all continuing to remain safe and well.
I’m SO excited for you, Anne! God bless you! Count me in among people who want to help. I believe in you and love how God is using you!
Thank you so much Jessica! I really appreciate your encouragement and offer to help spread the word. So grateful for you and for the opportunity to get to link up with you and get to know you! What a joy.
Congratulations! Praying for you on this journey.
Thanks Melissa! Appreciate the prayers.
Anne, Congratulations on your book, the website, all these wonderful launchings. God grant you great success and may your work continue to bless so many lives. Every blessing in Christ.
Pam, thanks for your prayer, checking out my new website, and your encouragement about the release of my book on June 23rd. I deeply appreciate your support.
Count me in! Am eager to promote and read once it’s finished.
Candice! Thanks for offering to help spread the word about the book. I just private messaged you about one way you might help right away. 🙂
This is so exciting! I’m so happy for you! I’m praying that many, through your book, will be renewed in their faith and find healing from the loss they have experienced. It is timely that your book comes out at a time such as this!
Marcie, I am really thankful for you and your prayers. I too pray that the book reaches people, inspires their faith, and helps them as they face loss and walk through suffering.
Awesome Congratulations on your book. Praying for you to reach many God bless!
Thank you, Stephen, for your encouragement and your prayers. I really appreciate them and you!
Congratulations and May the Lord bless you and all your endeavors.
Thank you Yvonne for dropping by the new website and for your kind words. Blessings to you and your family. Praying you are all staying safe and well.